Grace and Peace in the Name of Our Risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
This is an email that we have been praying to be able to send to you all for the last several weeks – WE WILL BE JOINING TOGETHER FOR WORSHIP THIS SUNDAY MAY 31, 2020!
It seems incredibly fitting that we will be joining together as a church family after so long apart as we celebrate the day that the promised Holy Spirit came to Jesus’s followers! On Pentecost Sunday we also celebrate the day His church was established here on earth! We will also be blessed to share Holy Communion with you, although it will be done in a slightly different fashion than that which we have become accustomed.
THE “COMMUNION SATURDAY” EVENT WILL STILL BE HELD – BE SURE TO COME AT YOUR ASSIGNED TIME ON SATURDAY.
We have prepared a brief video for you so you can see exactly what to expect when you arrive for worship Sunday morning. You can view that video by opening this link:
Although we have been cleared to worship together, there are guidelines that must be followed; also, simply because we CAN gather for worship does not mean everyone MUST gather for worship. WE WILL BE CONTINUING THE DELIVERY OF WORSHIP SERVICE BY LIVESTREAM EVERY SUNDAY, so if any of the following circumstances exists, please stay home and join us from the comfort of your living room:
1. If you or anyone in your family has been exposed to someone with COVID-19;
2. If you are not feeling well (cough, chest congestion, fever, etc.);
3. If you have a pre-existing condition that might put you at risk for contracting COVID-19 (compromised immune system, cardio-pulmonary condition, etc.);
4. If you are simply fearful or apprehensive of the risk involved.
We plan to have three IDENTICAL worship services as follows:
- 8 am, in the sanctuary (this service will be livestreamed on the Internet and Facebook)
- 9:15 am, on the front lawn under a canopy
- 10:45 am, in the Family Life Center
These worship services will be a bit shorter than most of us are used to, but will be liturgically complete and will include God’s Word and Sacrament.
In order to abide with the guidelines established by the CDC and local officials, we have to place certain limits on worship, including but not limited to the following considerations:
1. Face coverings must be worn for INSIDE services, and will be recommended but not required for the outdoor service;
2. Social distancing protocol must be followed; to accomplish this we will only occupy every other pew in the sanctuary and must maintain 6 ft. distancing between individuals and/or family units;
3. For the time being, the nursery will be closed – there will be no child care available during worship and there will be no “in-person” Sunday School;
4. In the early stages of this return to worship, we will be forced to limit the numbers of those in attendance due to CDC and local guidelines. Those attendance limitations are as follows:
- 8 am Sanctuary Worship – 70 attendees allowed
- 9 :15 am Outdoor Worship – 100 attendees allowed
- 10:45 am FLC Worship – 75 attendees allowed
To facilitate this, we have developed a link to sign up for worship very similar to the one used to sign up for Communion Saturday. That link can be found here:
Please be sure to sign up only one person/family per space, indicate the specific number that will be in attendance, and to not bring additional worshipers with you that have not signed up to attend; once we reach the limit of attendees at each service we cannot allow any additional people into the worship space.
We are moving forward with an abundance of caution, patience and love. We are also asking all of you to be gracious and understanding toward one another, since many of us may hold differing views regarding some of the guidelines we must follow. If we are to err, let’s err on the side of grace.
His perfect peace be with you today and always. See you in church this Sunday!
In Christ’s Love,
Pastor Eric and Pastor Pat